Thursday 22 August 2013

My Midi Skirt Has Grown Up...So Have I

My Midi Skirt Has Grown Up...So Have I

When I was a school girl, frocks and skirts were my everyday essentials, I would often sit under the clear blue skies, lost in denim dreams and desires. I associated jeans with being grown up and the freedom it would bring along. I just could not wait..
So the first thing I did on graduating from school was say goodbye to my old wardrobe, never wanting to see it again. My sneaky mother, though, had other plans, she picked my bundle of charity and hid it deep inside the store room.
Fast-forward to today when jeans and pants are somewhat of a uniform to me, I long for occassions to bring out my skirts, dresses and the little girl in me. The recent midi length skirt trend has become somewhat of an obsession and I have been looking everywhere for the perfect one.
Imagine my delight when my mother removed that old bundle from hiding, with a grin on her face she handed it over to me..
It was trash at one point which turned into a long forgotten treasure for me..
I am reinventing my skirt today because we both have grown up now..
Experiments for me, reliving memories for my mom..
Thanks ma :)

midiskirt

midiskirt

indianfashionblog

indianfashionblog

indianfashionblog

9 comments:

  1. Love the whole outfit, Abhi! That floral midi-skirt is gorgeous. It's got a kind of vintage-y vibe to it. Even I'm a fan of midis and have been trying to add more to my wardrobe.

    http://clothesandcreativity.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I suddenly have a lot of them in my wardrobe :)
      ull b seeing much more of these lovlies on the blog

      Delete
  2. This skirt is amazing!! fabulous outfit!!!
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    Chic With The Least
    Also on Facebook and on Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty skirt! Thank God aunty didn't throw it...


    Jenny’s Bicycle-Indian Fashion Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God too :) mums are the best...always know better..
      if only my daughter would realise that

      Delete
  4. OMG!!!! you look stunning and yes vintagish ;)


    Love
    Tanuja :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the look, esp the blazer :D
    xoxo <3

    www.littlemisssinner.com
    www.youtube.com/MsShanayaSinner

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10