Wednesday 28 May 2014

Indulgent Summer : Anarkali Kurta And Orange Bar

Anarkali Kurta and ice creams..
I have had a very indulgent summer, no really I have, and my all time favourite indulgence has been ice cream. I have had them in all shape, sizes colours and flavours but my favourite has always always been the orange bar.
It brings back memories of summer holidays spent in Delhi with all my cousins. We would constantly be on a treasure hunt, looking for spare change and shiny coins in every nook and cranny of my grandparents ancestral home. The moment we had Rs 2 (yup, thats how much they were for then) off we would run to buy an orange bar and feast on it.
This was a summer holiday ritual all through school days, we grew up, but never grew over this holiday tradition and obsession.
Now, as my kids get their share of summer indulgences I cant help but join then and relive some memories of my own while creating some new ones with them.
The summer holidays are almost over and the occasional showers indicate that summer is giving way to monsoon, very reluctantly but giving way none the less.

indianfashionblog

indianfashionblog



indianfashionblog

indianfashionblog

indianfashionblog

indianfashionblog

This post features, my anarkali kurta, worn as an anarkali dress here with my scarf (see here) used as a turban and featuring the star of the post my orange bar (but of course).
Summers always see me longing for comfy cool cottons and this anarkali kurta has been a faithful and fashionable companion this summer.


Anarkali Kurta : Westside
Kolhapuri Chappals : Mumbai (See Here)
Gold Belt : Westside
Scarf Used As Turban : Mumbai (See Here)
Ring : Blur Accessories
Bamgles: Here And There

14 comments:

  1. loved style.. so chic wearing a waistbelt on anarkali suit

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I love your attitude in that first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome kurta and yummy orange bar. :) Loved the attire and the photo shots. Summer is surely the perfect time to indulge in cooling sweetness. :)

    Eloquent Mind (http://momentsilike.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a nice fusion of diverse trends... loving it :)

    Love, Subha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you look like from another persiod of time. The pictures are like from the 50s or so. I LOVE it! The last picture of you is so beautiful and your outfit is sooooo beautiful! Seriously, I could look at the pictures again and again. I really love them!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no words! Wow! Love the pictures. Love your style

    Jenny’s Bicycle-Indian Fashion Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look awesome! and the photography is so nice too !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow... what a pretty dress and beautifully styled... orange bar are my fav too :-)


    Love
    http://tanujasethi.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  9. this Outfit is so pretty
    you look amazing and stunning
    the Colors suit you perfectly
    and i am so in love with this lovely Dress, where is it from?!
    it's one of the prettiest and most unique Dresses i saw for so Long!

    I adore your blog, keep on doing this wonderful thing you do here.
    I had to follow you, you have a new fan now <3
    Hope you may visit my blog,too
    Your Amely Rose from:
    http://thebizarrebirdcage.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lioness Woman's Club is a social club offering membership to female professionals and entrepreneurs to be a part of their social platform where they can discuss on various issues that of interest to women. They can access a lifestyle magazine, meet and introduce their business to others from the fraternity, advertise their business online and finally meet the members personally to socialize and expand their business.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the styling....very summery and quirky....the turban is a fun twist. I like to experiment but I dont think even I can carry off the turban with such spunk...Also I need some style advice. Can I mail you with a picture and maybe you could help me out?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10