Friday 12 October 2012

Wardrobe Essential: For every woman for every season

Well yes, this post is all about the queen of every fashionistas wardrobe..its time this piece of clothing got its due. No I am not talking about the "white shirt" or the "perfect fit jeans" I am talking about what makes these things look great, what goes under that perfect white shirt..No no it isn't even the underwear.. it is... drum-roll please....THE SHAPEWEAR..
If you do not have these in your wardrobe yet...put it right on top of the "lust list"..or rather the "must list"
Admit it...each one of us wants that perfectly smooth hourglass figure...but all of us need some help...yes even Beyonce and the illustrious Kim Kardashian ....dont believe me...



Now that you believe me and the importance of shapewear...here is the lowdown on whats available..
The trouble zone for most of us is the tummy and the hips..the perfect shapewear to skim over these areas is the 1/2 body which starts right under the bra finishing off above the knee.

image courtesy: sears.com
Where can you get these..
An India brand called Dermawear ...
I recently got these and tried them...

1. My bathroom turned into combat zone as I tried to get into these..I almost broke a nail...yup it was that        
    bad. I usually wear a size S or XS..these were an M and yet..
2. The material is thick and feels heavy on the body.. not appropriate for the summers.
3. It has a thick seam running down the center of the front and back..if you are wearing a super tight  
    dress ...the seam will be visible

    Now coming to the pro's about it
1. Easily available and not very expensive at Rs 981.
2. Something is better than nothing...yup it is definitely better than panty lines, saddlebags, cellulite and
    bumps.

The other option is ordering one of the American brands like Spanx and Hanes..
I have used these too and they are amazing
1. Easy to pull on..
2. Thin material which glides on like second skin..
3. Completely seamless

The only con is that they are a little expensive because shipping to India costs more that the shape wear itself..
If you are still not convinced ....have a look at this...
Image courtesy: spanx.com

Get yours here: spanx  hanes amazon

IF YOU ENJOYED THIS POST PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS AND BE SURE TO HIT THE like BUTTON BELOW
                                                 Thank you for your time it means a lot to me :)

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yup I agree...changed my life :)
      Thanks Shalini...

      Delete
  2. I so agree with u on this ! Infact I got one from telebrands,and that was the best thing that happened to me ! Wiggling in is tough right,and I don't wear them in summers,but definitely wear them under my bodycon dresses !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb post!! I agree, getting into it is a nightmare, but the effect makes up for it!! But yes, wearing it during Indian summers could be disastrous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a thin girl yet I now need one of these coz of office sitting hours are giving me love handles and tummy tires which I need to get rid of x(


    SUperb review!!!

    Love
    Tanuja <3
    -------
    http://tanujasethi.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what u mean Tanuja....if only typing furiously would count as a workout :)

      Delete
  5. It is definitely one of the most essential thing in every girl "must have list" & ...Many a times rather all the time, "the must have" post is of either of LBD,White shirt n all same blah blah thing its a time to get over it...n write about other such wardrobe essentials.....good job dear :)

    Love
    Shivangi

    http://whimsy-winks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Abhi, Thanks for your lovely comment. Great post, the right undergarments are always a must have, they will make your outfit look so much better and sit correctly. Luckily we don't have the problem of hot summers here in the uk! So just adds an extra layer to keep you warm!

    Sita & Radha xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post Abhi!!and informative too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow you, I really liked your blog.
    Stop by mine if you want.
    Ire.
    whileinspireme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! It's encouraging to see how many celebrities wear shapewear

    le fresne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always come up with great tips in your posts, very inspiring and helpful, the other post I loved was Maliaka Arora Khan's regime :-)
    Love from Sydney
    K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I love how you've got all the hollywood ladies caught red handed! At least we know they're majorly airbrushed now!
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So true - every girl needs some spanx in her closet! Great post!

    Zahra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ow wow!! thanks for the great information!

    stylejourneys

    ReplyDelete
  14. really interesting :-)))))))))

    visit me when you want i will be happy

    http://lamakeupposa.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bought these for travel but would love to wear them every day. Comfortable and cool they worked well in the hot climate of Panama so I know that they will be perfect here in the USA. I have never spent this much on underwear and am glad that I took the plunge because it paid off. A great product. I wear a 7 and got the large. I would definitely purchase bali 803j

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10