Monday 31 December 2012

Bye Bye Fashion Rules Hello Fashion Freedom..

Happy New Year to all my lovely readers, may this year be the best year ever for all of us..
This time of the year, is the time for some serious introspection for me, a time to look back with gratitude for the lessons learned and the love experienced, a time for enthusiastic anticipation for the days to come and dreams to dream..
Occasionally I have my light bulb moments, moments of insight, when I become conscious of my beliefs and patterns. We all play this game of life by some rules, rules we follow subconsciously, rules of love, rules of friendship, rules at work..and everywhere else. I just became aware of my fashion and style rules, rules that I have been following very very strictly, they make me a strict fashion disciplinarian, one that has been stuck in a monochromatic rut for ever..Some of the rules that I had refused to break are..
1. No print on print EVER..
2. Printed separates can ONLY be worn with solids in one of the colours in the print.
3. No horizontal stripes, that's only for prisoners..
and so many many more..these rules have pretty much shrunk my otherwise bulging wardrobe to a shamefully minuscule size. So I have decided to burn my rule book and take a big leap towards fashion freedom in 2013.
Starting with this post and this skirt, which has been sitting pretty in my closet for over 5 years with tags on. My emotional attachment (bought it on my honeymoon :)) to it has ensured a permanent place for it in my heart and my closet but I have never worn it...why you ask? duh h...my rules..!
It is a printed white and blue skirt so it can be worn only with a plain white or blue top, and even with those it looked so boring and not right..
That is until now...yay..I decided to break my rules and am I loving the results or what!!







                                   What did you think? Stick to my rules or break free?
N hey, dont forget to enter my Giveaway, a pretty, white dress with delicate lace details could be yours..
                             The best things in life are free :) So try your luck...enter here                                      http://lookingoodfeelingfab.blogspot.in/2012/12/a-big-thank-you-and-gorgeous-giveaway.html

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Vandana..wish you a great year too :)
      Thanks for all your "LIKES" and comments on FB too :)

      Delete
  2. Happy new year :)
    You look absolutely stunning!! and the title of your post caught my antennae and I was like SPOT ON!!
    the pictures are amazing and your hairstyle, dressing,accessories....so classy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see more rule break-u dressing... I loved unusual color combination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shikha...heres to a lot more rule breaking in 2013 :)
      have a stylish one

      Delete
  4. interesting record, I love your skirt and I'm glad that it all before - came the same time, sometimes old - the best of the new. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) wishing you a very happy new year :)

      Delete
  5. Fabulous outfit!!!! Happy New Year!!!!
    Kisses
    Francy&Stef
    chicwiththeleast.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey beauty!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    You are looking fab!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look!!! The skirt is Awesome <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year!!
    Lovely post n u look lovely too!!
    http://pineapple-ish.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely skirt..

    jennysbicycle.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! Thanks for visiting me!
    Love that 50's style skirt! So gorgeous!

    P.S - I prefer breaking free, as long as one has the confidence to carry it off. If you know what I mean!


    Roxanne
    head2heels-roxanne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love your skirt and heels..u look beautiful!!

    following you now

    love
    jasmine
    http://crazylifeofjasmine.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi abhi...really loved the way breaking the rules...yes its true, workin under rules in not at all fun...
    http://conventionalstyle.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  13. am gud abhi....happy new year too...have u seen my new post....?
    http:/conventionalstyle.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10