Wednesday 5 February 2014

Work-wear And Dad I Love You...

As a young girl, I would watch my father diligently ironing his army uniform, polishing his boots and all the shiny golden insignia - he did it with such pride and joy, that it rubbed off on us, we too really enjoyed shining our schools shoes and making sure each pleat on our school skirt was perfectly in place. Dad did this every morning, put his hat on, picked up his briefcase, kick started his blue bajaj scooter and off he went to the army hospital.
The briefcase, ahhh lets talk about it for a moment..
It had its time in the spotlight, back in the 80's and 90's it was the "It" office accessory to have, everyone carried one..and then they just vanished, they made way for the laptop bags and those made way for the ipad cases..as the gadgets got smaller..the briefcase was suddenly too big, to old and too mehh..so we said goodbye and never looked back..until...
A few days back, while cleaning the garage we found an old briefcase, once the dust was blown off and the patina scraped what lay beneath were childhood memories that I could not carelessly toss into scrap. For a few weeks it sat in a corner of my room, waiting its turn to be turned into an organizing accessory, to be stuffed with insurance papers and tossed into a cupboard under a pile of files and documents.
But before I retired the briefcase, I needed to give it some love and respect..I needed to cherish my memories..
So I did it..the only way I know how :)

bestindianlifestyleblog

bestindianlifestyleblog

bestindianlifestyleblog

bestindianlifestyleblog

bestindianlifestyleblog

Dad's play such a special role in the lives of their daughters, sometimes we don't say it enough. My dad has been such a big inspiration for me and I think making him proud of me has been my only goal in life (a secret goal, maybe). He has been such a big influence in every aspect of my life, even my fashion choices. Thank you dad for bringing balance in our lives and for teaching us through your actions and behaviour. If it wasn't for you, I think our family would have given new meaning to the term "self destruct"
bestindianlifestyleblog

bestindianlifestyleblog


Black pants : Splash sale
Heels : Zara sale
Jacket : Gift
Earrings : Gift
Briefcase : From my memories

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ayesha..i do hope he is proud :)
      n i have to tell u ur left over chapati recipe was fab I have used it 2 times already..love it :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post Abhilasha. Love your blog, the way you style each outfit, the way you put it into words, everything....keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you..you have no idea how encouraging your words are.
      thank you
      loads of love :)

      Delete
  3. Hello, been watching the videos and ur blog late night after work,,,M also an army kiddo..love ur posts! that briefcase brings so many memories of childhood back..Thx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, been watching the videos and ur blog late night after work,,,M also an army kiddo..love ur posts! that briefcase brings so many memories of childhood back..Thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Riya..thank you for watching and reading..
      n oh ur an army kid too..i loved that life and sometimes wish my kids could experience it too :) where all have you been posted?
      love

      Delete
    2. Faridkot, deolali, jabalpur, pathankot, nowsherah, agartala, dhrangadhara ,allahabad n finally lucknow!!!! Naming these cities itself is an art which we are good at! :-) Your content is amazing, keep up the good work!

      Delete
  5. Hi abhilasha, I am Anu. I have been silent reader/viewer of all your posts/videos. I really like the way you put things into words. The pics in this post are very stylish, like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anu..thank you so much for watching and reading the blog...it means so much to me that you actually wrote in...i sometimes look at my blog stats and wonder who the people are who visit..its nice to atleast put names to the stats..
      thank you so very much Anu
      love

      Delete
  6. Wow, this looks so awesome! Pretty, chic and great pictures!
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Larissa...its so nice of u to always stop by and leave a lovely comment..thank u

      Delete
  7. Abhilasha, I really really love this post and the textured photographs. How beautiful and the words describe the bygone era so beautifully. I read and savoured each and every word. I also love the earrings, they are so elegant
    ps- i forgot to reply on youtube. am prepping for my pg medical entrance exams. I didn't qualify for a seat last year :(. hopefully, I get a seat when I deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh medicine wow...all the best
      it reminds me of when i gave the AFMC entrance exam...i felt obliged to give it since my dad is a doc and we were posted in AFMC at the time ..hehe
      loads of great midical colls here in Pune I hope ur applying to them..there is BJ medical, DY Patil, BVP, AFMC...
      thank you for your comment
      love

      Delete
    2. oh wow! your dad is a doc!, yes i remember now that I've read about this in an earlier post. AFMC is so cool!! I tried for their exam too. I haven't applied to BJ medical and Dy patil, BVP....I will keep them on my list for this coming year for sure. thanks for the advice!! I hope to get through some day :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks Sunaina..how hav u been? bbusy with the wedding season?

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank u June :) appreciate u stopping by
      love

      Delete
  10. Beautiful pictures, styling and words ..you're creative talent is fabulous!
    x
    K
    klassystylefiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look soooo sooo chic in this outfit abhilasha. I loved the sharpness of the outfit and the briefcase ads just the right amount of charm to the look. And dads are always inspiration for their daughters. In fact I still kinda fish for compliments from dad and his simple words make my day. just smiling reading your words. Lovved the whole vintage effect you gave to your pics. Brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10