Wednesday 27 March 2013

Lakme Fashion Week SS 2013: What I Wore

For as long as I can remember, I have fantasized about being front row at fashion weeks. To feel the music, see the bright lights, high heels strutting down the runway, front row fashionistas and designer dreams coming to life. Yup, thats what my dreams have been made of..

So imagine my excitement, at the prospect of this dream turning to reality, thanks to a dear friend Pallavi (Thanks doll).

I hadn't even received the invite yet and my mind was racing full throttle, miles ahead of me, already planning my LFW outfit. All these years of scrutinizing front row and runway trends and suddenly I drew a blank, I had a few separates in mind, but that perfect combination  just wasnt there..

I knew I wanted to wear this skirt...but the rest required a lot of trial and error..by the end of it my room looked like a war zone..a bludgeoned wardrobe, bruised ankles and a few hours later..the war had been won. This simple rose pink sheer shirt with a bow detail :)


lakme fashion week 2013 outfit pink pencil skirt indian fashion blog lakme fashion week 2013 outfit pink pencil skirt indian fashion blog lakme fashion week 2013 outfit pink pencil skirt indian fashion blog lakme fashion week 2013 outfit pink pencil skirt indian fashion blog lakme fashion week 2013 outfit pink pencil skirt indian fashion blog

So after attending LFW I had lunch with a bestie..while we were walking up and down Bandra trying to make a choice, two pretty pretty girls came running after us, wanting to know where my skirt was from. Such a boost to my confidence :) because the skirt has been designed my ME..yay
Thank you Pearl and Pearl's pretty friend.

lakme fashion week 2013 outfit pink pencil skirt, dior bag indian fashion blog
I was wearing my Michel Kors watch and carried a gold Dior bag (borrowed from my stylish mum in law)

23 comments:

  1. Thy skirt is fabulously fabulous!! Love your hairdo & the whole look. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely classy and elegant..I love love love the skirt!! You did complete justice to a fashion week outfit! Bang on styling too with the luxurious bag and watch!
    Awesome:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG i love LOVE the skirt! You look stunning :O Where did you get the fabric from? Anywhere in Pune by any chance? :)

    xx
    Style Spectrum

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an edgy and interesting look <3

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved your hairstyle and skirt is so cute and colorful

    Enter NIVEA Give away
    http://dressnmakeup.blogspot.in/2013/03/give-away-nivea-gift-hamper.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love ur skirt... simply fab :)

    http://beautyfrontline.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully accessorized!!! Especially with that big watch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great wish I was there too :)
    You look gorgeous, great styling!

    xoxo
    Dee

    thestylehamster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The word is "WOW". Thats all I could think of looking at the pics. Hair, makeup, clothes and accesories. It is amazing. And I am so so jealous of that svelte body you have.................. wish I could get there soon. OH and when are you starting your line of clothes, certainly want to order some and be your first customer:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely love the skirt! :)

    -Sayali
    keepinitstylish.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your entire outfit ! The rose pink shirt compliments the vibrant skirt and creates a very classy look

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that skirt!
    xx
    www.jewelsngold.in

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally loving the combination. It's sealed - you officially rock separates :)
    shoponsight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

  14. Your looking fab girl :D Love what your wearing :D
    xoxo <3

    www.littlemisssinner.com
    www.youtube.com/MsShanayaSinner

    ReplyDelete
  15. You totally killed the look! Love your skirt.
    I'm following you :)

    Much Love:
    www.feather-esque.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That skirt is gorgeous! So pretty! AND I love that last picture...very cool. Thanks so much for linking up with Fashion Informant. I love seeing what you've put together each week. :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...Now that is a perfect look..Love your skirt especially the most...wow again...

    jennysbicycle.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too got a chance to attend lfw this time..check out my blog have just posted about it.. loved the skirt.. infact was gonna ask you till i saw u designed it.. I have bought the same material from bangalore recently.. was planning to get a saree blouse stitched.. what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have an amazing blog! And the skirt looks fabulous.. I am sure it maight have felt great while living your dream of attending a Fashion week! Congrats! And thank you for dropping by my blog :)
    Cheers
    Ritika

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg, I just LOVE your skirt! Styled by you? It's truly one of a kind! Wish I could get my hands on it too :)

    Richa
    www.urbanmantra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dude, if you make your designs and sell, it will all be gone flat out sold!! Imagine those two pretty girls probably wanted to pull that skirt off you, it's that gorgeous!!!! Am telling you, India's next hottest fashion designer is in here-psssst! Her name starts with A !
    And how well you've worn that top with it. Love all the accessories and your pretty gold chrome nail paint...and your updo.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Haha I can totally relate to your closet war-room experience! I love that you designed your own skirt and by the way, it is stunning! You look gorgeous as always!

    Zahra
    www.lovezahra.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10