Thursday 29 August 2013

Lakme Fashion Week Winter Festive 2013 : What I Wore

Lakme Fashion Week Winter Festive 2013 : What I Wore

Even before the Lakme Fashion Week designers started thinking about the concept behind their lines I was thinking about what I would wear for it. The qualifying criteria was to look good and feel fab without looking like I had tried too hard. I obviously, as usual gravitated towards some pencil dresses and skirts, have I told you how much I love anything that has "pencil" before it..
Then there were some midi skirts and pants. When nothing seemed right, there was this major urge to go shopping coz I had "nothing to wear"
Luckily the fashion blogger inside me stepped up just in time and I decided to experiment and play with the restrictions my wardrobe brought with it. I did, however allow myself to beg borrow and steal.
I also wanted to try something new, and steer clear of my typical choices namely everything "pencil", because Fashion Week is one place where no one will raise an eyebrow even if you walk in with stilettos on your head and hats on your feet. In-fact if anything, you might get clicked and applauded for being brave and setting new trends.
So eventually, after weeks of deliberating, I came up with my outfit just a day before the big day.
I wore my mother-in-law's vintage ghagra (must be atleast 25 years old) with a neutral top with frills on the shoulder and a belt to add some funk to the look..
 Here are a few pictures courtesy Samyukta of I Simply Love Makeup, who was patient enough to take multiple pictures and give me great company at the Lakme Fashion Week.

lakmefashionweekblog

lakmefashionweekblog

lakmefashionweekblog

lakmefashionweekblog

Here is what I wore for the Lakme Fashion Week the last time. You can see more of the Lakme Fashion Week here, here and here

15 comments:

  1. a vintage skirt, if you have not mentioned that its 25 yrs I was thinking it to be your creation. I love colorful work and mirrors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too...its so hard to find such original hand work these days..even if u do its so so expensive..
      i treasure vintage pieces :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Rupa..I really enjoyed wearing it :)

      Delete
  3. wonderful treatment of vintage ghagra. Its a wondedr in itself how Indian elements can be mixed and matched to create something which totally stands out. And the bag is here again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha..yeah the bag again...goes with everything and is big enough to carry my camera in...so perfect na :)
      N thanks for the compliment...mixing Indian elements with everyday western wear makes the whole look so memorable..its my fav thing to do :)

      Delete
  4. If this is what you assembled one day before then I dont wanna think what you would have done with more time. You look stunning and graceful and dreamy and wow :)

    Love
    Tanuja :)
    -------
    http://tanujasethi.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely look..the skirt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ghagra skirt and the top! Such a lovely combination!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the combination and your creativity.. looks awesome... Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love what you chose for the event. very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. The skirt is very pretty! Love the whole outfit :)
    you look beautiful Abhilasha!

    -Sayali
    http://keepinitstylish.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10