Monday 30 December 2013

Looking Back At 2013

2012 saw the birth of my fashion blog lookinggoodfeelingfab.com, but 2013 was the year that really saw the blog evolving and growing. Once the overwhelming bouts of self doubt and questioning of 2012 had been overcome, 2013 really made way for clarity of thought and vision.

2013 started with a makeover story, featuring my friend Niketa, and at that point I had little idea about how the year and the blog would change me and make me over in more ways than one.

indianfashionblog

In February, we did a soft romantic Valentines look with Purva. I also draped a sari as a lehenga and this was the start of my obsessive addiction of playing with saris..

indianfashionblog

indianfashionblog

In March we headed to a lovely park and shot my sister in a skirt, under soft light, while she read in a quaint corner...the start of summer reading..
This still remains my favourite shoot with my sister, Aditi, who also started her food blog and youtube channel in 2013.

indianfashionblog

In April Meeti and I played THE trend of summer - neon. I also got my own domain name :)
neon post

indianfashionblog

The cotton kurta is what helped me beat the May heat...we did 5 ways of wearing 1 humble kurta in the month of May..and boy! did it challenge my ability to 'wear and pair'...
Krafty with kurta series 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

indianfashionblog

June is the back to school/ college month, and me and Samyukta collaborated to go back to school and created a look to celebrate it..(post here)

indianfashionblog

Ah..July..it clearly was my favourite month..my most inspired. The Sneha Arora dress and the Sabyasachi inspiration..got the creative juices flowing..

indianfashionblog

indianfashionblog

The highlight of August, was my venture into youtube (have you subscribed yet? may I request you to?) and the art of video making. I love the mystery that surrounds photographs, but I yearned for a more multidimensional way to interact with you..hence the videos..
It all started with this video ( lol, watching it now makes me laugh n cringe...hehe..but yay for starting out!!)



In September, I tried red lips for the first time..and loved it..I also cemented my undying love for pencil skirts and dresses (here)..

indianfashionblog

October and Diwali got me in an introspective mood with this post..we also had some fun with some videos..
indianfashionblog

November rekindled my love for reading..I honestly had forgotten how much I enjoyed it..
Back to reading with this post..

indianfashionblog

December got me all dressed for for a party - the kind of party I like - good food, warm conversations, well dressed people and a pretty setting..
See the entire post here

indianfashionblog

There is so much that I have learnt in the year 2013 and most of that learning has come from interacting with and listening to each one of you. Some of you made me a little more confident with your comments and appreciation, some of you made me a little less arrogant. Some of you showed me what bravery really is and some of you showed my how to work hard and fight hard..
You kept me going on the days I wanted to give up..you gave me hope and love in more ways than you can imagine...
I cherish the fact that you take the time to stop by and visit the blog, to see the pictures and read the words I write...Its humbling and I hope to continue to see you here day after day in 2014 too..
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART
WITHOUT YOU THIS SPACE IS NOTHING..

8 comments:

  1. Great post, congrats for all ur work, u rock! keep posting! :)
    Happy New year! :)
    www.theforeignergirl.blogpsot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preethi Madhu and Gowthami thank you so much for stopping by..
    I hope you have a beautiful 2014 and may all your dreams come true..
    big hugs
    Abhilasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveddddd your post. You dress so stylishly. Every look is different and so stylish.
    I want to learn from you :D I'm your fan now :)
    Have a wonderful 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your style and fashion sense... Looking forward to lots of new things.. wish you a very happy new yer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post Abhi.. You are one fashion blogger whom I follow regularly (though I comment rarely).. You have a unique sense of style which I love! May 2014 help you in reaching more heights, have a great year ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post !!
    Well compiled !!
    Love
    Mukta
    www.theitgirl.in

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10