Friday 19 October 2012

DIY Clutch : Tutorial

So, I am a complete DIY dork..I can spend hours and hours browsing DIY blogs and sites, marveling at the sheer genius and creativity all around ...how people find the time to manage a house, kids, husbands, jobs and still make gorgeous stuff, is another thing that amuses me..
There have been so many times when I have gone into high end stores, seen beautiful things and thought to myself.. "ha I can make that myself and that too at a fraction of the cost"...did I get down to making them..NO..no time..yes that's the excuse I would give myself...is it a valid one..obviously not.....
So finally I got down to make something myself....and yay yay I finally finished it...here is the tutorial...

MATERIAL REQUIRED
1) 0.5 meter collar canvas : This is the backbone of the clutch, it provides stiffness and shape.
2) 0.5 meter cotton lining
3) 0.5 meter outer cloth of your choice (you can make 2 in 0.5 meter, but the width is required)
4) Fabric glue
5) Scissors
6) Measuring tape, pen

STEPS:
1) Decide the size you would like, double the height, cut this size from the canvas.
2) Cut 2 pieces of lining of the same size + 0.5 inch, make sure you keep 0.5 inch margin for stitching the sides.
3)Stick one piece of lining on either side of the canvas.
4) Cut the outer cloth of the same size as the lining.
5) Stick this piece to the lining on one side.
6) Fold the entire sandwich keeping the sequin cloth inside.
7) Stitch the two edges and flip the pouch.
8) Stitch the top two edges and then attach the zip.
9) Flaunt it :)


Looking forward to hearing from you, do let me know if the instructions are adequate..
Love...

13 comments:

  1. Omg! Thats sooo kool Abhi! Loved the print n the colors.Good wrk swty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool idea!
    Have a great weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea!
    I like your blog ^^
    I'm following you now
    kisses
    xxx

    www.esteephs.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made it look sooooo easy, great work, u inspire me!

    xx

    K

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey nice work....will make this for sure ,thanx for sharing :)

    Love
    Shivangi

    http://whimsy-winks.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Win Exciting and Cool Prizes Everyday @ www.2vin.com, Everyone can win by answering simple questions.Earn points for referring your friends and exchange your points for cool gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah I need to do this!

    www.fayelosophy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so easy ! genius minds always come up with something great ! I don't really know when I am gonna try this (no time) but surely need to !This would make as a wonderful gift for someone !BTW , how did u get the zip attached?
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin


    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for stopping by on my blog! Love this tutorial and yes purple is my fav colour this season

    Much Love.
    Devina

    www.guiltybytes.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. THIS looks absolutely stunning :)

    WOW !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that is such a great project! well done!

    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa you made it look too easy! And it looks fab too. I have the dexterity of a monkey; I don't think I'd succeed at this :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10