Thursday 25 April 2013

Healthy Raw Mango Ice-Cream Recipe

What's summer without ice cream and mangoes??
Anyone who knows me knows I love my mangoes and who doesn't love ice-cream?
Unfortunately gone are those days when I could indulge in the creamy sugary delight without giving it a second thought. I now find it tough to put something in my mouth without reading the ingredient list, the nutritional info and the calorie content..and after that exercise it just gets tougher.

So give up on ice-cream? Noooo no noooo.
Just modify it to make it not just healthy but also fresh, organic and even raw..
Yes you got it right, Healthy Organic Fresh and Raw Ice-Cream..

Here is what I did:
Ingredients
1. Coconut Milk: 2 cups (I grated coconut minced fine with 1.5 cups of water)
2. Cashew Milk: 0.5 cup (1 tbsp cashews soaked in .5 cup water and minced in the food processor)
3. Date paste: 0.5 cup (5-6 dates soaked and minced with water in food processor)
4. Mango Pulp: 1-1.5 cup fresh mango paste
5. Lime Juice: 1 small lime
6. Basil leaves: 4-5 chopped
7. Raw Agave Nectar: 1 tbsp or as per taste

healthy raw ice cream recipe  1 healthy raw ice cream recipe  3 Method:
1. If you do not want the graininess strain the coconut milk, I left it as is...I like the good stuff.
2. Mix everything together.
3. Pour into ice-cream churner.
healthy raw ice cream recipe  5 4. Give your arms a workout...churn churn churn
5. Yummy goodness ready to eat..

I topped my ice-cream with some fresh chopped mangoes and a drizzle of honey.
So that's my healthy, organic,  fresh and raw ice cream.

healthy raw ice cream recipe  8 healthy raw ice cream recipe  7

So are you going to give HEALTHY RAW MANGO ICE-CREAM a try this summer?

8 comments:

  1. yummy.. yummy.. there is beauty in food to..2 shades of mango in blue bowl.. and that ice temp me to have that burf ka gola.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Shikha...so much beauty in food in its freshest form...I used to think that only junk food can be yummy but I am now learning to appreciate unadulterated natural fresh food and flavour...I guess I am growing old :)

      Delete
  2. whoa love it :) yummy yum piccys :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished a bowl full :)
      n the best part I dont feel guilty :) yayay!!

      Delete
  3. Abi, the ice cream looks yum and so do the pics. Your pics are always beautiful. Which camera do you use and have you taken a professional photography lesson. Love them always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there...how have u been?
      Thank you so much for the compliment...over the moon..iv been working hard on my photography skills :)
      I use a D7000 and no I have not taken a class..though I would love to to clarify some very basic things :)
      meanwhile ur comment is keeping me happy...love

      Delete
  4. yummy!! this is such an innovative recipe..

    www.thetimesofmanyphases.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowwww!!! i am so greedy, look at that bowl full of goodness!! amazing way to enjoy mango ice cream almost guilt-free :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10