Sunday 23 June 2013

Back To School/ College Outfit And Makeup

Back To School/ College Outfit And Makeup

Its a rainy, wet evening in Pune city, when I drive by my old college. I can barely see the road as the rain lashes down my windshield and the wipers sway from side to side, hard at work, but I can clearly see a girl standing at the entrance of the college. She looks tiny against the enormous almost ancient college gate, she wears ill-fitting jeans, a t-shirt almost 3 times her size and sneakers.
I think I know her, she looks confused, she looks unsure, she looks a little nervous and she looks a lot like me.
When I was in college, I was completely unsure about myself, my life, my friends, my career and even about my style.I never put in any effort or thought into the way Id dress and look. I was busy pretending to be what I was not. I was doing things more out of a sense of obligation than out of passion and commitment.
 Years of conditioning made me believe that putting efforts into your appearance was a complete waste of time and an indulgent futile luxury of the bimbos. So though I loved pretty dresses I wore baggy t-shirts, though I stared in awe, at girls in high heels I always wore sneakers, though I dreamed of designing I studied engineering, my role model was Heidi Klum I read biographies of boring bankers.
It is only now that I realise that I can be successful and sexy, infact there are very few who are both and if you can be one of those few you are automatically head and shoulders above the rest.
The way we dress and present ourselves, are such an important part of preparing ourselves for success. After all, our clothes and appearance speak volumes about us way before we get to speak a word, they talk about our attitude, our confidence and our identity.
Looking back, I do wish I had put in just a little effort into my appearance, while I was in college.
I think it would have made me surer about myself and my life.

So if I were to go back to college/ school now, this would be my outfit...floral pants, casual kurti and comfy juttis, perfect for college and perfect for making a great impression.


backtoschooloutfit backtoschooloutfit1 collegefloralpants floralpants collegekurtifloralpants backtoschoolfloralpants Ok...now that the back to school/college outfit bit is done...lets get to the back to school makeup..no no dont run away, I am not the one teaching you makeup. I have an expert here to do that job for you. Samyukta of the blog isimplylovemakeup and I have collaborated to get you the perfect college look. I am sure you all know of her blog, if not hop on right now, she is awesome, leaves me speechless with each one of her looks.

Samyukta has created super easy and super lovely look to compliment this back to school/college outfit.

HERE is a step by step breakdown of the look.


So now you have the perfect outfit and makeup combination for college.

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know...im loving everything floral too...u have a great hol sweety

      Delete
  2. What a pretty, back to college outfit Abhi! A beautifully written post too, I could identify with every word as though you were describing a girl just like me! You look stunning and so fit:-)
    Love
    K
    klassystylefiles.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Kalyani...I kno we were so confused back then..n girls today are so sure of what they want..nice to see

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks..hav been wearing them a lot these days :)

      Delete
  4. Love those floral pants...And I guess I was the same in college. I dressed up like a boy! even had boy cut hair...Anyway, love your outfit here. Also, you have lovely hair..touchwood!

    jennysbicycle.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rupa but really I do not have very nice hair..its thin and scanty and just does not grow...its looking a little ok ok these days because iv been putting a lot of effort into it...but thanks ur compliment make it all worth it..love

      Delete
  5. Love the outfit. And I love the fact that you always introduce me to such wonderful blogs to follow.
    I can so relate to the ill fitting tshirts and jean cause thats how I dressed to college. I agree dressing plays a huge part in success .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it does...I wish I had known earlier :)

      Delete
  6. You are such a babe!! And I recognize the kurti :)) ....miss u xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. miss u too doll :) I know the kurti is urs hehe

      Delete
  7. I think that's an amazing outfit for college. You look amazing in it. It's nice that you know what you are passionate about. I am still in my awkward and struggling phase. tc :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pants and the well coordinated look. You look pretty :)

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. u both look great nw me too thinking to do a makeup tutorial n ootd fr back to school/college.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love the kurti! Where can I get something similar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi stuti..I know I love this kurti too...its my moms old kurti from her college days..so u can say its vintage..
      If i ever spot one like this in a bright colour ill surely let u know..
      Meanwhile ppl from Lucknow..do u get them in this material n colour there?? let me and Stuti know...thanks

      Delete
  11. Loved that pant. You look pretty! :)
    Love,

    Bong's Belleza

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a cutie! I love this look and it is as perfect for now as it would be for college. Also, love the intro to Samyukta! She is gorgeous and her makeup is flawless!

    Zahra
    www.lovezahra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Zahra...I know she is super isnt she? and all self taught :)

      Delete
  13. Those pants are super! And I love the overall styling!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10